The Meteor Foundry is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Moulder. This position requires quality sand molding for the production of aluminum & zinc castings and reports to the Foundry Supervisor.
- Produce sand moulds according to standard requirements and production schedule established by supervision.
- Examine pattern equipment for any damage, wear or imperfections preventing the production of ‘good’ moulds: gating system, moulding problems, fit and/or quality of cores, close up problems, flask and etc.
- Examine every completed cope and drag for acceptable quality.
- Apply a date code to pattern on a daily basis if required.
- Occasional assist in pouring of the moulds if required.
- Obtain any materials or supplies needed for the production of the moulds.
- Locate pattern equipment in the appropriated area. The use of a forklift, pallet mover and/or bridge crane may be required.
- Examination of castings with the Foundry Supervisor and Quality Manager after ‘shakeout’ of the first castings if required.
- Clean up and maintain the immediate work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform other tasks concerned with molding that may be assigned, from time to time, by the Foundry Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with the sand molding.
- Communication and teamwork skills. It is necessary to communicate verbally with other employees about moulds/casting inconsistencies, quality concerns, maintenance requests, supply problems, etc.
- To be able to physically work in a noisy and dusty environment, to lift, push and pull heavy moulds and castings. Protective clothing, including overalls, safety boots, glasses and ear defenders are required.
- To be eligible to work in Canada.
- The position will not require shift work but occasional payable evening or weekend work may be required.
- Work hours: 7 am – 3.30 pm.
- Vacation: 2 weeks.
- Wages will be dependent on your qualifications and experience.
- Health Benefits for employee and his/her family after three months’ probation period.
- Please visit our website www.meteorfoundry.com to find out more about our company.
We encourage all
qualified applicants to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian
citizens and permanent residents of Canada.