If you are skillful at making things good, at comprehending, have problem solving skills, technical ability, can work to a high level of accuracy, this may be the job for you.
Meteor Foundry is currently seeking a full-time Foundry Patternmaker / Technical Woodworker. This position requires building / repair of foundry patterns for use in the production of aluminum & zinc castings reporting to Pattern / Machine Shop Supervisor. The candidate must be able to work mostly independently, be capable of interpreting Engineering drawings in the construction / maintenance of foundry production pattern tooling made from wood, plastic or metal.
Candidates will be required to have adequate math skills, understanding of general engineering practices, specifications and tolerance identification. Be able to set up and safely operate manually operated machines, Lathes, Drill Press, Band Saw, Belt and Face Grinders, Planer, Table Saw tools and hand tools used in the construction of Foundry Pattern Tooling.
Persons must be proficient in the use of all basic measuring tools, Calipers, Micrometer, Vernier Calipers / Height Gauge, Paints & Lacquers.
Be confident, have good communication skills and be able to work independently with minimal supervision. When required, interact with CNC programmer and production staff.
To find out more about our company, please visit our website www.meteorfoundry.com
- Planning the best way to build new patterns, matchplates from a drawing or sample.
- Modification of existing patterns or core boxes to remove any defects, repair broken or damaged areas, including gating and runner systems.
- Review pattern specifications, tolerances and requirements, visually and dimensionally verify new and existing tools for production use.
- Issue written requests for supplies and / or tools.
- Build equipment needed to support plant operation, i.e. wooden bottom / squeeze boards, jackets, pallets.
- Examination of first casting with the Foundry Supervisor and Quality Manager if required.
- Maintain pattern shop equipment and tools in good condition. Clean up and maintain the immediate work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by Plant Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Experienced in one or more of the following areas: patternmaking / carpentry / woodworking/ machinist or CNC operator.
- Practical skills in patternmaking / technical wood or metal working for foundry tooling, understanding of casting processes, ability to follow engineering specifications and drawings is an asset.
- A methodical approach to work and ability to complete work tasks in a timely manner.
- Preferably have worked in a Foundry environment, having a basic knowledge of Foundry methods and processes. Persons need to be physically able to perform manual tasks and lifting at times.
- Health Benefits for employee and his/her family after three months’ probation period.
- Working Hours: 7 am – 3.30 pm with on time attendance required.
- Occasional payable evening or weekend work may be required.
- Vacation: two weeks.
- Wages will be dependent on your qualifications and experience.